Hello. My name is Adam and I am extraordinary. Before you start to think that I am cocky or egotistical, let me explain.
When I contemplated starting a blog, I was hesitant. I figured that the World Wide Web already had enough blogs and why would anyone read mine when there are millions of others to choose from.
Like many of you, I often struggle to find out what sets me apart in this world. What am I qualified to write about? I am not smart enough to be a contestant on Jeopardy and I am not tough enough to be a contestant on Fear Factor. I might be awkward enough to be on Wipe Out.
To convince myself that I could start a blog that people would actually want to read, I decided to take inventory of who I am. Looking for something that makes me stand out in a world of blogs, here’s what I found.
I am a 5’10”, 165 pound white Christian male who is right handed, balding and wears a size 10 shoe.
To see where I stand out, let’s take a look at some facts:
- The average male height in the United States is 5’10”
- The average male weight for someone 5’10” is 141-175 pounds
- In the US, 77% of people identify themselves as Christian
- 89% of all people are right handed
- Nearly 35 million American men are losing their hair, which accounts for roughly ½ of all males
- The average male shoe size is 10
After seeing at that, I realized that I am overflowing with ordinary. I could give away some ordinary and still have plenty left over. I have extra ordinary.
So I convinced myself that someone who is so extra ordinary should have a blog. I have always liked to share, so I will be using this blog to share some of my extra ordinary with you. Enjoy…