How much would you pay to have the opportunity to learn from Warren Buffett?
How great would it be to give away some of Buffett’s money?
What if I told you that you could do both and it wouldn’t cost you a dime. Thanks to the Learning by Giving Foundation, anyone can participate in the first ever Massive Open Online Course (M.O.O.C.) in Philanthropy.
Titled GivingWithPurpose, the course is broken up into six online classes, each featuring shorter lessons. The first five classes include a twenty to thirty minute guest speaker video, which students can watch anytime they want. The speakers include the following:
· Warren & Doris Buffett – Two siblings who form the investor/philanthropist duo of all time.
· Cal Ripken Jr. – Hall of Fame baseball player.
· Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield – Creators of Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream.
· Soledad O’Brien – Anchor and special correspondent for CNN.
· Thomas C. Werner – Chairman of the Boston Red Sox.
GivingWithPurpose aims to help students achieve two complementary objectives:
1. Learn tips & strategies for effective charitable giving;
2. Help distribute the Foundation’s money to local nonprofits.
The course is based on the RISE Framework for Social Change, developed by GivingWithPurpose Professor, Rebecca Riccio.
The course has already started, but it is not too late to join. They are accepting registration through July. Anyone who is interested can click here for more information.
I have signed up for the course and have completed lessons one and two so far. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is interested in philanthropy.
I am very thankful for great organizations and opportunities like this.