I am excited to share with you the news that I have written a children’s book titled, Maury C. Moose and The Forest Noel. The book features many puns, rhymes and quirky animal characters and is written for parents and kids to enjoy together! I am in the process of self publishing and in order to help offset some of the costs, I have created a Kickstarter campaign (or a Bakestarter campaign).
I can’t wait to bring this book to life but I could use your help.
If you are not familiar with Kickstarter, it is an online platform and resource used to help fund creative projects. Since their launch in 2009, more than 4.6 million people have pledged over $754 million, funding more than 47,000 creative projects. This support is not charity. Every project offers a range of rewards that backers receive in exchange for their support.
My funding goal is $5,000 over the next 30 days. By reaching this goal, I will be able to cover the cost of editing, US copyright registration and additional items associated with getting the book into various bookstores.
If you are interested in learning more about my campaign, here’s how to get involved:
- Click here to view my project
- Check out my video and learn more about my book
- If you find the book idea compelling, choose a rewards level which you would like to pledge
- In order to pledge you will need to sign up for a kickstarter account (all they need is name, email address & a password)
- You will submit payment through Amazon (you will need to create an Amazon account if you do not already have one)
- Kickstarter is an all or nothing system, so you will not be charged until I meet my goal. If for some reason I fall short, you will not be charged a dime.
- Tell your friends!
I realize that not everyone will be able to support financially and I completely understand. If you would like to help without spending any money, I can definitely use a hand in getting the word out. If you can share this with friends, family and any other contacts who might want to support a young author and receive a new book, I would greatly appreciate it!
Thanks for your support. I will be sending out project updates letting everyone know how the campaign is going.