If you’ve ever seen a commercial for prescription drugs you are aware of the term, “side effects may include.” The commercial spends 20 seconds covering the many reasons why we should ask our doctor about their product. But the last 10 seconds feature the phrase “side effects may include” and then a laundry list of ridiculous things that might happen when starting the prescription. Many times the side effects outweigh anything that can be helped by the drug.
A similar thing happens in other aspects of our lives. In order to help, I will be offering 10 seconds of warning in a new segment called “Side Effects May Include…”.
When Finding Joy, Side Effects May Include…
– Chronic swelling of your ankles from jumping up and down so frequently.
– Abnormal feeling of resilience.
– Unusual ability to actually LOL.
– Developing Snow White-its — whistling while you work.
– Decreased appetite for grump soup.
– Jubilation oozing out of your pores.
– Strange tendency to lose track of time from having so much fun.
– Uncontrollable urge to juggle.
– Unstoppable shrinking of frowns.
– Increased ability to make friends.