1. China has an Elderly Rights Law which requires children to visit their parents frequently, no matter how far away they live. Children who don’t comply face fines or jail time. I don’t think America has the same law, but it does have a similar punishment. Children face receiving the following text from their mom…
2. A popular cigarette advertisement once proclaimed, “Give your throat a vacation…smoke a fresh cigarette.” Really? The only explanation I can think of as to how they came up with that is that their computer auto-corrected the word cancer to vacation.
3. More Monopoly money is printed than real money each year. I am still looking into whether or not a certain board game leads the world in production of mouse traps.
4. An adult human being is made up of around 7,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 atoms. Make that +1 for me.
5. Flowers can grow faster when listening to music…except when they listen to Billy Joel’s “Only The Good Die Young.”
6. Ladybugs bleed from their knees when threatened. This creates a repulsive mix of vile, ooze and alkaloids which scares predators away. I don’t bleed or ooze that often, but I tend to have the same effect on the ladies.
7. If you were driving 60 mph in a car, it would take 271 years and 221 days to get to Mars from Earth. Also, you would never get there because, well, space.
8. Books used to be chained to shelves in libraries, in order to prevent stealing. Eventually libraries realized that was silly and improved their theft prevention program to the overweight, past his prime security guard who spends most of the day sleeping in the Reference section.
9. Cheetahs spend up to 18 hours a day sleeping. And the rest of the day fasting…get it…fasting.
10. Disney’s Goofy was originally called “Dippy Dawg.” Sounds like something you would order at Sonic.