If you read yesterday’s Wonder Why Wednesday post, you know I am leery of coconuts. After publishing that post, I thought maybe I had been too hard on them, so I decided to do some research and get to know this weird fruit a little better.
Turns out, I didn’t like what I found. Here are 5 things I learned that make me trust coconuts even less than I did yesterday:
- They are neither coco nor nut – they are technically a drupe, which has to be the most depressing name for a fruit.
- Coconut water can be a substitute for blood plasma – sure it can…either that or it is a ploy to infect our blood stream.
- The white part of the coconut is called coconut meat – now they are trying to take over meat?!? What’s next, we will learn the brown part on the outside is called coconut pizza?
- The origin of the coconut has been lost to history – seems to me like they are running from something.
- Burning the husk acts as mosquito repellent – Basically they are only good when you light them on fire.