Author Richard Wiseman has a fun list of his 10 favourite puzzles (he is British, thus the u in favorite) (<– that made me think of a cheesy new pick up line, feel free to use it…”When I am around you I’m British, because I’s put u in my favorite”) . Anyways…
Check out the following puzzles and post your score in the comment section below to let me know how many you got right. I got 6 right.
1) A rope ladder is hanging over the side of a ship, with the bottom rung just touching the water. The rungs are 25com apart. How many rungs will be under the water when the tide has risen 1 metre?
2) How many calendar months have 28 days?
3) If you are running in a marathon and you overtake the person in second position, what position are you in?
4) I have many keys but few locks. I have space but no room. You can enter, but you cannot come in. What am I?
5) You enter a dark house in the middle of the night. Inside is an oil lamp, a gas fire and a stove full of wood. You only have one match. What do you light first?
6) What gets wetter as it dries?
7) What is as light as a feather, but even the strongest man cannot hold it for more than a few minutes.
8) What sport begins with a ‘T’ and has 4 letters?
9) What occurs once in every minute, twice in every moment, yet never in a thousand years?
10) The maker does not need it, the buyer does not want to use it, and the user doesn’t see it. What is it?
Click here to see the answers. How many did you get right?