Having a rough week? Feel like there is nothing but negative stories online, on TV and in the newspaper? Looking for a little pick me up?
Here are 5 good things going on in our world…
- 11-Year-Old Born Without Hands and Legs Throws First Pitch at Yankees Game -11-year-old Landis Sims, a die-hard New York Yankees fan, who was born without hands and legs, delivered a great pitch before Sunday’s game at Yankee Stadium against the Baltimore Orioles. According to his mom, this is just another example of his “Watch me. I can do this, and don’t tell me I can’t,” attitude.
- Little Ceasers Staff Saves Tips For Months To Send Nigerian Coworker Home To See Family -It’s been five years since 22-year-old Samuel Nzube, an Algoma University student in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan, has been home to see his family in Nigeria.But that’s all about to change thanks to the kindness of his coworkers at Little Caesars.
- Girl, 12, uses ‘Hunger Games’ first aid to save friend – Just one more reason to read a book.
- Ohio teen rescues 4-year-old on first day as a lifeguard – Jack Viglianco says he was 20 minutes into his shift at a Lakewood swimming pool Thursday when he heard the boy calling for help. The 15-year-old jumped into the water and helped the child to safety.
- Doggy dropout gets regal new job – Gavel the puppy was facing a tough change when he flunked out of police dog academy for being too sociable. See what he did next.