Having a rough start to your week? Feel like there is nothing but negative stories online, on TV and in the newspaper? Looking for a little pick me up?
Here are 5 good things going on in our world…
- Umpire Stops Woman From Committing Suicide – 36-year-old John Tumpane has been been a baseball umpire for more than half of his life – but a recent game in particular was one that he would never forget.
- Driver Makes Every Kid on Her Route Feel Special, Hand-making Each a Toy – 43-year-old Trudy Serres is a bus driver for Summit Elementary School in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin. Her second job – which she does for free – is crocheting special toys for every single one of the children on her bus route.
- Strangers Buy Car For 20-Year-Old Man Who Walks 3 Miles Each Way To Work – Hard to believe, but it is true. A group of strangers pitched in to buy a car for a 20-year-old Texas man who walks three miles each way to his job at a fast food restaurant.
- Mickey and Minnie use sign language to make a little boy’s day – One little boy’s Disneyland dream came true when Pluto, Minnie and Mickey communicated with him through sign language — a moment that 3-year-old Phoenix Fox’s family won’t soon forget.
- Police officers mow lawn of disabled veteran – A pair of Texas police officers are being recognized for their good deed after a neighbor snapped a few photos of them mowing the lawn of a disabled veteran.